You are here


This part of the website is for people who are receiving a LGPS pension - people who have retired from local government, dependants of former LGPS members or people who have been awarded a pension on divorcing, or dissolving a civil partnership with, a former LGPS member.

LGPS pensions are usually paid monthly, directly into your bank account, and are taxable. You will get a P60 after the end of each tax year, showing you the amount of pension paid and tax deducted during the year.

If you have any tax queries, you should address them with the tax office dealing with your pension.

If you change any of your personal details, such as your address, the bank/building society account your pension is paid into, name or marital status, you must contact your pension fund administrator to ensure you continue to receive your pension.

Moving abroad: You can continue to receive your LGPS pension. Contact your pension fund administrator to arrange this.

State benefits

You may also get a pension from the State - more information is available from the Pension Service.

In Receiving a Pension, you can find out about your LGPS pension:

Retired member

Widow, widower, civil partner or nominated co-habiting partner


Awarded a pension share


For more information on the LGPS

Contact us

Contact your pension fund administrator

If you move house or change your personal details